Our trips are compelling life-changing experiences and a lot of fun too. They provide fascinating opportunities to travel and learn about cultures while doing tangible work to help kids escape poverty.
All groups are hosted by a staff member or Ambassador as they see the sights, enjoy the adventure and do some really great things among the poorest communities on earth.
If you would like to volunteer full-time for an extended period contact Jane on +61 2 9987 1136 to talk some more …
On any day, around 4,200 children are being impacted by the projects that we fund across four countries in Asia. Child sponsorships, direct giving and volunteer trips are our main source of funds to support these life-saving, life-changing programs for kids living in extreme poverty. With your involvement in our Volunteer trips, we can continue making a difference in the lives of children.
What You Can Do
- Join a volunteer team
- Help lead a volunteer team from your school, church, work, sports or service club.
Where We Go
Thailand | Cambodia | Sri Lanka | Philippines
What You Can Do On a Trip
Its easy to plan a trip with the help of our volunteer team, that could mean up to 10 days in a community project. We will advise you on the best times to go taking into account extremes in weather, holiday seasons and special circumstances that may impact travel, accommodation and personal safety. These trips would consider the skills of your group and needs of the community.
Activities you may be involved in:
- helping in children’s villages, schools and hospitals
- repairing a house for a poor family
- building and maintenance of houses and buildings in Children’s Villages
- working on an agriculture project
- mentoring microfinance small business clients
- food and nutrition workshops
- mentoring project leaderships teams
- running programs and activities for children and families in village communities
- teaching English as a second language
- teaching computer skills
- teaching music and dance
- teaching first aid
- teaching swimming
Sightseeing components vary from country to country but are an exciting inclusion in any trip.
We rely quite heavily on the fundraising done by participants in our Volunteer program to support our Child Protection programs. Fundrasising costs can be negotiated depending on the type of trip arranged. These funds cover travel insurance, cost of activities and project work. Our team can assit with fundraising ideas.
2. In-Country Expenses
Costs can vary from country to country, the length of your trip, standard of accommodation, and sightseeing options included. The Volunteer Team will devise a budget to cover your accommodation, meals, bottled water, ground transportation and local activities. These expenses are not tax deductible.
3. Other Costs
Flights, visa, vaccinations, police check and personal expenses.
Earn a Free Trip
You could earn a free trip! See more details below.
Tax Deductibility Note
- Fundraising Costs and Child Sponsorships paid through our payment system are tax deductible for Australian residents.
- US Residents should donate through Outpost Centers International (OCI) to avail tax deductible receipts. Please click OCI link below. Make sure you indicate our name as your payment reference and notify our office via email - visit our contact page to get our email address.
- In-Country Expenses are not tax deductible.
For more information on Trip Payments please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Jane on 02 9987 1136 or email@example.com
Plan Your Trip
Decide if you want to join a planned trip or plan one of your own trip that matches your group - Corporate, Church or Community Group, or School and what type of activities you might like to do.
Four Easy Steps
- Check out the scheduled options in the calendar below or contact Jane on 02 9987 1136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form and email to email@example.com
- Complete Police Check online form by clicking the link below.
- You may start your own online fundraising page.
We recommend that you see your local travel agent for flight booking advice. We will provide start dates, times and locations well in advance of trips to ensure you have ample time to book.
All volunteers visiting our projects are required to present a Police Check or a valid Working With Children’s Check (WWCC) or a Blue Card to us before embarking on a trip. For those who possess a valid WWCC or Police Check already please send a validated copy to Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not already have a valid check you can complete a Police Check through Fit2Work for $16.50. Please click the link below to fill out the Police Check Form and email email@example.com for payment information.
For US volunteers, please select the link ‘Protect My Ministry’ below and complete the online application form.
2016 Volunteer Trip Calendar
Earn a Free Trip
This Is Exciting!
You can win an all-expenses paid Volunteer overseas trip by signing up your friends and family, or anyone else, to sponsor twenty of our sponsor children.
Here’s How It Works
You just need to notify us that you want to enter the competition. See contact details below.
We will appoint you as a 20 KIDS Sponsorship Ambassador and issue you with your personalised Ambassador certificate.
Invite people to become a member of your 20 KIDS Sponsorship Team.
You provide us with the details of who joins your team.
You must have 20 people signed up within a 12-month period.
We let you know whenever one of your team members becomes an active member, that is they make their first sponsorship payment.
We will also let you know if they increase the number of sponsorships or they miss two consecutive payments.
When you have 20 people paying Sponsorships we will issue you with a 20 KIDS Certificate.
Once all of your sponsors have been active sponsors for at least 6 months you will be issued with a Volunteer Trip Voucher.
- You can redeem this Voucher for any eligible hosted trip within the next 3 years, subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
The Volunteer Trip Voucher
The Volunteer Trip Voucher includes economy return airfares from any major city in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and USA to and from the start and finish point of the Volunteer trip of your choice. We reserves the right to book the flights subject to sighting certified copies of the participant’s current travel documents.
In-Country expenses are provided such as accommodation, travel and meals. Travel and accommodation arrangements are typically in the lower-middle cost band in a developing country but cleanliness, safety, and good food are a priority. Entries to specified tourist destinations are also included.
Travel insurance with a medical evacuation clause is also included.
Personal spending money and entries for non-specified tourist destinations and activities will be at the individual’s expense.
I went on a Volunteer trip last year… and my life has never been the same”…Julian
Terms and Conditions
must be 18 years of age, or be accompanied by a responsible adult.
18 years and over must successfully obtain a Police Check/Background Clearance Check for working with children.
under 18 years of age must secure a suitable character reference from two people such as a school principal, church pastor, sporting club president, or other person in leadership of a community-based organisation.
- Must sign our Volunteer Agreement and abide by the rules and regulations and the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
are not transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part.
are valid for use up to three (3) years from the date of issue.
- includes flights originating from Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and USA only.
We reserve the right to terminate the Volunteer Trip Voucher holder who disregards the Volunteer Agreement terms and conditions and our Code of Conduct.